Who We Are
Welcome to Northants Writing Service.
We are a new consultancy here to help businesses write effective documents and to support local authors on their journey to publication.
My name is Mark. For over 15 years I have worked as a professional writer, teacher and lecturer. I started Northants Writing Service in May 2015 after a rise in demand for my services whilst a freelance writer. My projects currently involve:
- Ghost writing a commissioned biography about a man who grew up as a Banardo’s child and became a multi-millionaire.
- Editing a screenplay for submission to the BBC.
- Writing a series of educational resources for Zig Zag Education.
- Contributing to the Times Educational supplement.
- Editing and proofing a number of business documents for commercial use.
With more projects coming in than hands to write, I decided to team together a network of accomplished local writers, each skilled in different disciplines – including:
- a journalist
- a doctorate in English Literature
- a business consultant
- a proof-reader
- a children's author
- a comic book writer
I now aim to grow a business that will become a ‘one stop shop’ for advice about writing. A place where authors, businesses and academics can turn to for help with their manuscripts.
Commercial writers, above all else, value and rely on customer opinion. We welcome any feedback you may have regarding our range of services. We are a very new company planning on starting a blog soon with practical advice on business writing. We will also be posting case studies of written projects and training courses of benefit to local authors. So please visit us again soon for further updates.
We are looking forward to working with small and large businesses across Northamptonshire. Our proximity means we can offer you a bespoke, face to face consultancy. We believe in delivering a diligent, fairly priced service for our customers while enabling writers to receive fees commensurable with their craft.
So, if you need a professional to write or edit a document for you - or if you are looking for feedback about your manuscript - just complete our quick contact form. We are sure we will be able to help you.
Mark Collier BA QTS MA
Mark Collier BA QTS MA
- Masters Degree.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- 15 Years experience teaching and lecturing English.
- Language and Literature specialist.
- Guardian Education Writer.
- A Level Examination Marker.
- Literacy Consultant.
Creative clients have included a range of different fiction writers and multi-nationals such as Barclaycard, Dodson and Horrel, Office International, Yorkshire Television and the BBC. Publications include the Times, The Guardian and Tes Connect.